Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hello world!

You can call me Mama: that's what I tell my two boys, Big Bro who is a
two and a half year old ball of energy, and Little Bro, who has spent
the last 6 months watching Big Bro and the world with interest.

Here is one of my favourite photos of Big Bro when he wasn't so big:


The hands in the photo belong to me and my husband, B.

In the interests of fair and balanced reporting, here's one of my
favourite pictures of Little Bro:

In 2007 we moved into our house-with-a-garden here in the suburbs of
Melbourne, the capital city of Victoria, Australia's self-declared
"Garden State".

So you know who we are; now it must be time for the big question:

What am I doing here?

This blog has been gestating between my ears for a year or more. Some
entries made it into in silico status until Big Bro consigned them to
the silicon trash ("Mama, Wook! I pwess wubbish bin button!"). At that point
I began to seriously consider the question of whether I could make the
transition from being a blog reader to a blog writer. A bit of poking
around about how to set up a blog, a bit of encouragement from friends
(thank you!), and here I am!

So what's this blog about?

I'm planning to share the adventures of my two passions: my
family and (in distant second place) my garden. I also enjoy cooking as an interface between my family and my edible garden so I won't be able to stop a few recipes creeping in here and there.

So without further ado, I declare This Growing Life open!

Welcome, and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails