Friday, February 11, 2011

This weekend I'm grateful for.... freebies and almost freebies


This week's Maxabella-inspired Grateful Post comes after a week in which my wallet was left a bit plumper than usual. So I'm grateful for:
- freebies: the postman came knocking twice this week, leaving a frequent shopper reward bottle of wine and a lucky winning of three recipe books (thank you Expatriate Chef, for whom the postage to Australia wasn't so free). Both are good things to have in the house once the kiddos are in bed.
- almost-freebies: it was the week that I rediscovered my old student hangout, Thresherman's Bakehouse in Carlton. A $5 slice of quiche was massive enough to feed two hungry boys, and $7 gave me a loaf of bread, four Turkish rolls and four mini-quiches for the freezer from the baked-today bargain table. Then, this morning we happened across a "megagarage" sale, and for the princely sum of $7.10, walked away with two "never hung" Maisy prints, a Captain Feathersword outfit and a My Little Pony coveted by Big Bro, who has already had his 10c-worth brushing out its Rapunzelesque mane.

3 comments:

allison tait said...

A great list of grateful. Sometimes our old stomping grounds are the best!

Anonymous said...

After the fees I've paid out for various child related activities I am hoping for some freebies too! Hope you had a lovely week x

Maxabella said...

That advertisement just cracked me up!

Your bakehouse sounds brilliant. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails