Friday, November 12, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

What a week! In good ways. Lots to be grateful for, which I'll save for tomorrow's Grateful Post, but in the meantime I will relay a few things I had recorded for time immemorial in Facebook

I only have kindy inmates classmates to blame for items 1-3 of Big Bro's latest quotable statements:
1. This is going to hurt a bit (said when prodding Little Bro)
2. Here's my business card. This is Alex- she's a nice girl. You can make an appointment
3. I'm so cool I'm 20 degrees.
4. Little Bro, can I flush your head please?
5. (When we were leaving for our lovely dentist) You can go, but leave the alarm off so I can stay here and do some work (like father, like son...)

Meanwhile, Little Bro has discovered the joys of questions: Whassat? Where's...? Where we goin'? What you doin'? What music is this? And the utility of "don't want to..."
This evening he also came up with two statements you don't want to hear from a nearly-2-year-old:
1. (holding a USB thumb drive) Puttit inna dishwasha?
2. (Standing at the top of the stairs) Humpty Dumpty had a great fall! Big jump!!

The best of all was our discussion of where to go on holiday.
Little Bro: go in Dada's car!
Big Bro: to crison!
Us: to Brisbane?
Big Bro: no, to crison, where bad guys go!
There may still be jobs for travel agents in 20 years time, I suspect...

2 comments:

Maxabella said...

I liked the link you left on my blog yesterday - she is right, of course. I short-cut all the time (I call it "Shop bought with Mum Modifications") I should do a post on it, I think.

On the subject of 'out of the mouths of babes' my 2 1/2 year old has taken to running around saying "Foxsake"... hmmm... x

_vTg_ said...

LOL, after reading too much Enid Blyton recently I glibly told B to "buck up" about something (actually, it was not just "something", it was Little Bro's insatiable appetite for Richard Scarry. Cue future post...) B suggested that it wasn't a turn of phrase that we should be sending our kids to kindy with, lest the staff aren't quite so au fait with 1950s England.

Relevant to my grateful post today, and all the working mother posts, was the bit in that article where the older laureate, Elinor Ostrum, says that working and having children wasn't an option in her time so she chose work. As hard as it is to juggle both, dropping either would be harder!

Related Posts with Thumbnails