Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The truth on plain packaging of cigarettes

I'm still in a froth about the Australian Alliance of Tobacco Companies Retailers' ads against plain packaging of cigarettes. In the process of finding some outlet for my frustration I have come across Action on Smoking and Health Australia which has an excellent page with information about plain packaging and this ad to counter the AAR campaign. I am also trying to focus my energy and get together some information that I can put together into a letter that voices my concerns to certain influential politicians- and to the new Liberal Member for Bennelong, the Hon. John Alexander, who is "vitally concerned with... health and exercise" and "an advocate for preventative health", yet whose party accepts donations from the tobacco industry and which will not commit to plain packaging of cigarettes.

Hmm, take a deep breath.... back to normal programming....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails