Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?

Do you like green eggs and ham? Would you? Could you? Try them! Try them and you may, I say.

I picked up this idea from Nigella Express but when it came time to cook, I didn't consult the recipe so I wound up with a green omlette rather than green pancakes. They were definitely not as beatiful as Nigella's- in all honesty, I didn't include a picture for aesthetic reasons!

Green Eggs and Ham- my way
Boil a handful of baby spinach in about half a cup of milk, and when thoroughly wilted, add another half cup of cold milk and purée.

Add several tablespoons of basil pesto and four eggs; mix thoroughly. (Make sure the spinach-milk mix isn't too hot when you add the eggs or you'll cook them then and there!) Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium heat (add some butter if desired) . Pour in enough egg mix to cover in a thin layer and cook.

When bubbles start to come through the omlette, top with chopped ham, grated cheese and optional grated zucchini or cooked peas. Fold the omlette in half or thirds (like a business letter) and serve when the cheese is melted.

The verdict from Big Bro (paraphrased):
I do so like them, Sam-I-Am. And I keep asking Mama to make more!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails