Thursday, May 6, 2010

Static garden

The garden has been having a quiet patch at the moment. I'm waiting for the last climbing beans to dry, and I am deciding what to do with the eggplants that only just flowered, too late for any harvest (I'm hoping that I might be able to overwinter them in a pot). I've been gradually shifting the leaf drifts onto the garden as a cheap mulch, and pulling out the last dried remnants of the zucchinis and tomatoes. I'm having a mental break too. I have all sorts of things on my to-do list- plant the vernalised tulip bulbs, plant broadbeans, order a delivery of manure, plant more brassica seedlings- but to be honest, the kitchen is a more inviting place at the moment. I think I was a bear in a former life- hibernation sounds like such a good idea right now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails