Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tangy Anglo-Asian Lamb Salad

When planning my mothers' day cookup, a friend recommended Nigella's Anglo Asian Lamb Salad (I seem to be on a Nigella roll at the moment!). Although I went with slow cooked lamb for the menu, this recipe sounded great and I was keen to give it a go. It was really good! As you'll see, I substituted a few local flavours.



lamb fillet (I had about 200g/person)
garlic oil
Dressing
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon quince jelly (in place of Nigella's red currant jelly)
1 tea spoon soy sauce
chilli or chilli sauce to taste (I used peri peri)
1 spring onion, sliced
Salad
salad leaves (I used our abundant rocket with some sliced radishes)
pomegranate seeds (completely optional! I happened to have them and they went well.)
3 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped

Fry the lamb in the oil over medium heat until cooked to your liking (a little bit on the rare side is better)- Nigella says 5 minutes on one side, then 2 1/2 minutes the other side. Leave the lamb to rest, and whisk together the dressing ingredients. Slice the lamb into thin slices, and marinate them in the dressing. Arrange the salad leaves on the plates, put the lamb on top. Garnish with the rest of the dressing, the pomegranate and the mint.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails